The stresses we encounter in day-to-day living can take a toll on our energy reserves.
Consider a few examples: watching too much television or listening to the world events on the news. These situations can invoke fear responses and become energy drains.
When we feel heavy, a little self-care can help us restore our vitality and energy. If you have been feeling a bit low or are in need of a boost, it may be a great time to do some of these self-love activities to help you stay balanced and resourceful.
15 Renewal Exercises
- Spend some time in nature with a friend going for a walk or an outdoor excursion. Talk about things for which you are grateful.
- Practice some deep breathing. As you exhale, imagine your body releasing any sadness or grief. As you inhale, welcome in love and universal wisdom.
- Go on a media diet. If you find yourself watching too much television or news, put yourself on a media diet or fast. If you want to stay current, try reading the headline articles in your local newspaper or read the news online instead. By reading the news online, you can learn about current events in 10 or 15 minutes a day versus the hours that you may spend watching television.
- Learn something new. Get with a friend who has a skill you would like to learn, or schedule a class in something you are interested in.
- Make something. Creative energy always helps us feel empowered!
- Volunteer some time to help a friend or a cause that you find meaningful.
- Pets are naturally healing. Spend time with pets or animals. Take them for a walk, or give them some extra attention.
- Spend time in nature’s healing energy, such as going for a swim, walking through a forest, or spending time in your garden.
- Learn a “healing or helping” skill. Then share it!
- Start a new hobby in an area that interests you, or you feel would make you happy.
- Free up some energy. Clean out your closets, and give things you no longer need or have outgrown to those who may want or need them.
- Write a story or a poem, and express something you value or feel is important.
- Invite a few friends over and teach them something you know that you feel would be fun, inspiring, or helpful.
- Fix something that is broken, or give an item a new and refreshing look.
- Let someone know you care! Write to a friend or send them a thoughtful, free e-mail card. A two-way conversation is even better! Just pick up the phone and call someone you have been thinking about. You may find they have also been thinking of you.
The Ripples of Creativity
We have learned from Alana that when one individual takes a creative action, it ripples through the whole and helps everyone. The more reactive energy we generate contributes to a downward spiral that is easy to get caught up in.
May any or all of these 15 self-love, self-care action tips spark your imagination and help you feel better and lighter! As we support each other in becoming lighter, our perceptions can begin to see a brighter and more loving world.