Our fears get in the way of many ideals we wish to accomplish.
One of the most known fears people want to overcome is the fear of public speaking. Here is a list of the other most common ones:
- fear of the dark
- fear of flying
- fear of public speaking
- fear of dying
- fear of flying
- fear of commitment
- fear of heights
- fear of clowns
Of course there are many more, but this gives you an idea. We thought you might like to try an energetic, self guided meditation exercise to help with emotional states that need balancing. It was created by combining different wellness modalities. An enlightening aspect of this meditation is how it incorporates our connection with the compassion within our heart to help dissolve and balance our fearful responses.
Whether you have a fear of the dark, or public speaking, or fear flying, connecting to your heart may really help.
We don’t claim this self meditation will eliminate your fearful states, but perhaps it will give you some comfort and relief. Fears and phobias are one of the easiest states to balance with healing modalities like hypnosis and emotional balancing techniques such as EFT (emotional freedom technique.) You might give one of these healing therapies a try. Until then, try this self guided meditation just for fun.
- Find a comfortable, peaceful place to sit where you are not likely to be interrupted for a few minutes. Feel yourself being supported by the earth.
- Take a moment to notice your breath moving in and out of your body. Feel your breath’s rhythm.
- After a minute or two of sensing your breath, invite any fearful thoughts you would like to address to come together. Imagine them moving into the center of your heart.
- You may want to place your hands over your heart or in the middle of your chest.
- Again, notice your breath as you gather some of your fears, bringing them into the recesses of your heart. You are allowing these fearful responses to collect because their intention is to keep you safe.
- When you feel you have collected some of your fears together, gently place your hands on each side of your chest. To find this location, run a finger down your throat until you come to the u-shaped bone at the base of your neck. Then go down about three inches and over about three inches. The spot is on both sides of your chest and is an inch or so in diameter. These areas are sometimes called “the sore spots” since they are sometimes tender when rubbed. Use your left hand to rub the left side and your right hand to rub the right side.
- As you continue to be aware of what you’ve brought into your heart, and rub both sore spots, repeat the following statement aloud several times: “Even though I have these fears, I deeply and completely love and accept myself. I release all self-judgment regarding these fears.”
- Now you can stop rubbing and speaking. If you like, close your eyes and take another moment to notice your breath moving in and out of your body. Feel your breath’s rhythm.
- Place your hands in your lap, palm sides up, and imagine a wise guide, or even your higher self, coming to sit beside you and be there with you. Know that you are being guided to the resources that lie within you. Trust that you are being pointed to the incredible wisdom that you have within.
- Ask the wise energies that are present to give you a message, and see what you receive. It may come immediately, or in the following hours or days. See if you can enjoy wondering how you will receive your guidance. When you ask, you always receive.
- Now gently give yourself permission to integrate back into your day-to-day life with the added wisdom and insight you are now receiving.
We would love to hear back from you should you try this self guided meditation for balancing and overcoming fears.
To view the next post in this series, click > Career and Life Purpose: Making Money Work