Here you will find a set of 18 articles that are broken into 3 basic categories.
The Spirituality Series goal is to help you attain greater skill in heart/mind listening and emotional balance which will assist you in gaining greater results in your life.
The first category covers common topics that often present as challenges in daily life. They touch on career, social connections, emotions, fears, and insightful tips for supporting purpose and success.
The second category is a mini-series with a focus on using the Chakras as an energy system to deepen your intuitive abilities. The third category delves into common issues in personal relationships to help identify compatibility problems and how to resolve any issues that might arise.
Articles to help you with your personal development skills:
- 7 Human Emotions: Plus or Minus a Few
- Cure for Boredom: Active Learning
- Building Trust in Relationships: Developing Communication Skills
- Overcoming Fear of Public Speaking: A Guided Self Meditation
- Career and Life Purpose: Making Money Work
- Creating a Balanced Life: Nourishment for the Body, Mind and Soul
- Making Eye Contact: The Eyes are the Window to the Soul
- Words of Encouragement: Getting the Courage to Overcome our Fears
- 4 Steps for Success: Life Purpose and Goal Setting
A Mini-Series for Intuition Development
- Part One: Developing Intuition Through Chakra Balancing
- Part Two: Developing Intuition Through Chakra Balancing
- Part Three: Developing Intuition Through Chakra Balancing
- Developing Healthy Relationships: Non-Negotiable Needs
- Relationship Advice: The Secret to Happy Relationships?
- Marriage Advice: The New Couple
- Part One: Relationship Compatibility: Quiz for a Relationship
- Part Two: Creating Compatible Relationships: Quiz for a Relationship
- Part Three: Creating Compatible Relationships: Quiz for a Relationship
Below you will find the first article of the series!
7 Human Emotions: Plus or Minus a Few
Have you ever thought about what emotions really are?
What they’re for; their purpose?
Well, here’s our definition in a nutshell:
Emotions are bodily sensations that you feel, most often through the mid-line of your body, from below your navel to above your throat.
They are responses from your feelings. Emotions are how the subconscious lets you know what is important to you.
There are primarily 7 human emotions:
Then there are many other emotions that fall into these categories.
Finding Your Emotional Compass
For this exercise, let’s tune into your feelings, whatever they maybe today. You see, what’s “under” excitement, rage, boredom, grief, confusion, sadness, or frustration–to name just a few–is an attempt from your other-than-conscious being to send you a message.
The message is, “This is important to me.”
So, we invite you to play with this simple four-step process:
- Stop everything you’re doing. Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths…good.
- Ask yourself, “What am I feeling right now?” Sense the midline of your body, from the inside out. Sense what you feel *within* your body.
- Ask yourself, “What names do I call these emotions?” Take your time. Use your own words; the ones that feel accurate to you. You may feel many different emotions, in varying degrees of intensity, at the same time.
- Ask yourself, “What is the emotion of telling me is important to me?” Then one at a time, repeat this question and connect each emotion with a value (values are simply what is important to you).
As you work with these questions, you’ll be on your way to understanding your core values, your true nature. The 7 human emotions give you a starting place to begin to identify your emotional responses to your feelings and what value they wish to point you to.
To read the next article in the series, click > Cure for Boredom: Active Learning